Sunday, May 1, 2011

TODAY'S VERSE from HEARTLIGHT

VERSE:
  We always thank God for all of you, mentioning you in our
prayers.
    -- 1 Thessalonians 1:2

THOUGHT:
  Why is it so hard to share with others that we have thanked God
for bringing them into our lives? God let his Son Jesus know his
love and approval. Remember his words at Jesus' baptism and
transfiguration? "This is my Son, whom I love ...." The apostle
Paul also let the struggling churches he started know that he was
praying for them regularly (cf. Philippians 1:3). It's a great
blessing to thank God for someone special in our lives. It's a
double blessing to let those people know we've thanked God for
their being in our lives. Let's commit to be a "double blessing"
people today!

PRAYER:
  Gracious Father, you have blessed me in so many ways! Today,
however, I'm especially aware of the many incredible ways you have
blessed me through other people. I want to thank you now for the
following wonderful Christian people you have placed in my life ...
Please guard and strengthen
them and use them to bless others as they have blessed me. In
Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment